[Kdenlive-devel] Te kdenlive freezing issue.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 15 16:28:47 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 Feb 2003 4:00 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Saturday 15 February 2003 04:34 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > I'm not sure, but I'll throw a question over to the kde-devel list and
> > see if anyone else knows.
>
> When did you switch to kprocess? I mean in our 0.2.0 version, was that
> already kprocess? Because there I did nover see such a freeze.

You would never have seen kdenlive using QProcess, I never committed it to
cvs. Kdenlive 0.2.0 uses KProcess.

> > if kdenlive is freezing on your computer because of kprocess, then either
> > there is a bug in kprocess that has since been fixed (what version of KDE
> > is on your computer?)
>
> 3.0.0

I think that might be the issue here - I'll see if I can find out which
modifications and bug fixes have happened since KDE 3.0.0 to see if this is a
known issue.

> > or there is something that kdenlive needs to do that
> > I currently don't know about.
>
> Can't it be something with the network connection, and/or piave? The
> freezing decreased since piave is not crashing so frequently.

It could be the network connection, but you said that when you remove kprocess
out of the loop (i.e., start all three processes from the terminal), kdenlive
runs without freezing? This makes me think the problem is not network based
unless it is some strange interaction between kprocess and qsocket.

The fact that it kills your computer is also very suspicious - I don't do
anything that low level ;-)

Cheers,
Jason

--