[Kdenlive-devel] Piave processes don't always die

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sat Feb 15 14:57:38 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 February 2003 02:03 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is an issue that has been around for a while, but now all of the major
> piave issues seem to have been dealt with, I think it's time to bring it
> up.
>
> Occasionally, on closing kdenlive a piave process remains alive. I don't
> know if this is caused by kdenlive failing to shut it down correctly (I
> have suspicions that the KProcess object is responsible for the freezes
> that you are experiencing in kdenlive, and it may also be responsible for
> this). or, it could be that piave isn't terminating it's threads correctly
> when it crashes.

I guess the latter is the case.

> The upshot is, that before kdenlive can be re-started correctly, the stray
> processes need to be killed. Have you any thoughts on the best way to deal
> with this issue?

I have to revisit that part of the code also because it sometimes takes
minutes on my box before it is possible to restart piave on the same port
after a crash.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/