[Kdenlive-devel] Piave processes don't always die

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Feb 15 13:03:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

This is an issue that has been around for a while, but now all of the major
piave issues seem to have been dealt with, I think it's time to bring it up.

Occasionally, on closing kdenlive a piave process remains alive. I don't know
if this is caused by kdenlive failing to shut it down correctly (I have
suspicions that the KProcess object is responsible for the freezes that you
are experiencing in kdenlive, and it may also be responsible for this). or,
it could be that piave isn't terminating it's threads correctly when it
crashes. I think this is possible, since I have sometimes experienced the
piave process crashing, but then continue to recieve debug information on the
same channel - there was an example I posted a week or so ago, when a
continuous stream of video resize messages were emitted after piave had
crashed.

The upshot is, that before kdenlive can be re-started correctly, the stray
processes need to be killed. Have you any thoughts on the best way to deal
with this issue?

Cheers,
Jason

--