[Kdenlive-devel] A little bit closer....

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 01:31:04 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 Feb 2003 10:58 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > In the case of codecs, I notice that there is no distinction made between
> > audio and video at the moment.
>
> ???  type="audio"  ???

Sorry, I should say that I am talking about the <decoder> and <encoder>
sections within the <codecs> group.

> > Somehow, we need to be able to provide
> > seperate descriptions for the audio and video.
>
> sure, I mean the "libdv_encoder" plugin doesn't give _any_  information
> right now. That's because it can just export PAL, and everything therein is
> hardcoded. As soon as the stuff is configurable, I'll advertise it in
> capabilities.
>
> > If at all possible, it would be nice to have a second codec, and a second
> > file format so that I can play about with the export box a little more.
>
> ;-))))

On top of patching up the export dialog some more and reading the display
capabilities, I am going to start work on some frivolous additions like
layouts. until we are ready to sync the two projects again. I can't really
work on the editing facilities or monitors until piave and kdenlive are
functional together.

Cheers,
Jason

--