[Kdenlive-devel] <capabilities>

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Feb 2 16:58:17 UTC 2003

On Sunday 02 February 2003 05:40 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Ok, when I said that we don't want to specify the library, what I mean is
> that the library is noit the major choice that the user wants to make. In
> other words, they will first decide that they want to record rawDV, and
> will second (and optionally) choose their own library. I think we are
> talking the same thing here.

Yes, I think so too.

> > > So, instead of saying "We want to use fmpeg, libdv, etc." we say "We
> > > want to save as .avi, raw dv, .mpg, etc."
> >
> > You dont have to say "I want ffmpg"  just omit the name, and you'll get
> > whatever full fills the request best.
>
> That's fine.

So you are fine with the syntax as it is?

> > > So how do I discover these broad-speaking container types, and display
> > > them to the user? The semantic information to allow me to construct
> > > them needs to be within the capabilities XML.
> >
> > just read the outsream, and look for outstreams which provide "file" and
> > then look at the container and codecs available.
>
> ok, I can live with that, I think. The main concern I have is the the
> information in the XML file is given a different priority (i.e. library
> followed by container) than what the GUI is going to use. If this turns out
> to be a porblem, I'll let you know.

Ok. That's good.

> Do you want to update the container format as you see fit, and I will then
> code it into kdenlive + discuss some more?

Ok, I did the following:
  That means there are noe three categories of capabilities:
    effects / iostreams / codecs

- the plugin that uses libdv (was called "InRawDVStream") is now called
    "libdv_instream", resp. "libdv_outstream". I want to change this to be
    "libdv" in both cases, since the in/out stream is redundant information,
    but I use this string also as a hash value, so it must be different for
    now. I'll change the hashing asap.

I committed the stuff and hope it compiles for you.
Is that ok? Did I forget something?

I don't have much time this week, next weekend, I can try to make some things
in the output caonfigurable, then I can add some <parameter> tags to the
capabilities of the <"libdv_outsream">. Then you can experiment a little more
with the widgets for configurable parameters, ok?  Maybe I manage to make
PAL/NTSC an option if I manage to get the bicubic resampling algorithm to
work.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/