[Kdenlive-devel] <capabilities>

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 2 17:13:52 UTC 2003

On Sunday 02 Feb 2003 4:58 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:

> > > You dont have to say "I want ffmpg"  just omit the name, and you'll get
> > > whatever full fills the request best.
> >
> > That's fine.
>
> So you are fine with the syntax as it is?

Well, I have the feeling that it will need to be modified because it doesn't
feel as clean as it could be, but at the moment I don't know how or where it
needs to be changed, so I can't really argue ;-)

> > Do you want to update the container format as you see fit, and I will
> > then code it into kdenlive + discuss some more?
>
> Ok, I did the following:
<snip>

great, I'll take a look as soon as I have compiled it.

> I committed the stuff and hope it compiles for you.
> Is that ok? Did I forget something?

The only thing I recall from earlier is to put the video/audio codecs in the
iostream inside of the container.

i.e.

<file>
	<container extension=".dv" format="rawdv">
		<videocodecs>
			 <libdv_encoder />
		</videocodecs>
		<audiocodecs>
			<libdv_encoder />
		</audiocodecs>
	</container>
</file>

> I don't have much time this week, next weekend, I can try to make some
> things in the output caonfigurable, then I can add some <parameter> tags to
> the capabilities of the <"libdv_outsream">. Then you can experiment a
> little more with the widgets for configurable parameters, ok?  Maybe I
> manage to make PAL/NTSC an option if I manage to get the bicubic resampling
> algorithm to work.

I'm going to be pretty busy myself for the next week or so, and may be away
from my email for a couple of days (though I'll try to keep up to date).

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood