[Kdenlive-devel] dvdauthor

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 10:02:00 UTC 2003

On Friday 26 December 2003 08:02, Varol Okan wrote:
> Also as I mentioned before I am in the process of programming a GUI for
> dvdauthor, which would/could be nice for kdenlive to support. I attached
> the source file. All you got to do is to type
>
>  >qmake qdvdauthor.pro; make

I had the same problem with this that Gilles had with kdenlive - the ui
version was too high for my machine :-)

However, changing the version number to 3.1 allowed me to compile and run with
no ill effects.

> This should build qdvdauthor. The application does not do much right
> now. I only implemented <Add Background> and <Add Sound>. I misused the
> later one to read in a dvdauthor-xml file, stores all vars in the
> structure and then writes it out again from the structure.
> All one has to do now is to make the GUI work and fill in the right
> values, store it and execute dvdauthor/spumux. I am currently trying to
> get a dvd-menu working with dvdauthor.

Looks fine so far, keep going ;-)

I would suggest that you put your project into cvs somewhere (sourceforge or
savanah being the most popular).

I do not know that much about the dvd authoring process - exactly how much
overlap is there with video editing? The interface looks quite different from
Kdenlive, so I am wondering how deep the integration would be - I mean, would
it actually be easier if qdvdauthor is kept as a separate application? What
are the advantages for/against?

Cheers,
Jason

--