[Kdenlive-devel] dvdauthor

Varol Okan varokan at movingsatellites.com
Fri Dec 26 08:02:38 UTC 2003

All,

first a thank you note to Jason for helping me configure kdenlive
correctly to work now. I found the previous problem to be an empty
kdenliveui.rc under ~/.kde/share/apps/kdenlive/.

Jason also pointed out to kde-config --prefix, which lists the correct
directry. I would strongly suggest to incorporate this into the
configure script, to check first for the right prefix and let the usr
overwrite if neccesary.

I compiled and installed the cvs version of kdenlive just fine without
any problems.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Also as I mentioned before I am in the process of programming a GUI for
dvdauthor, which would/could be nice for kdenlive to support. I attached
the source file. All you got to do is to type
 >qmake qdvdauthor.pro; make
This should build qdvdauthor. The application does not do much right
now. I only implemented <Add Background> and <Add Sound>. I misused the
later one to read in a dvdauthor-xml file, stores all vars in the
structure and then writes it out again from the structure.
All one has to do now is to make the GUI work and fill in the right
values, store it and execute dvdauthor/spumux. I am currently trying to
get a dvd-menu working with dvdauthor.

Regards ...

Varol Okan :)