[Kdenlive-devel] Plan Of Action

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 07:36:20 UTC 2003

Ok, so here is a plan of action :

1. Fix outstanding bugs in Kdenlive
2. Wait for the all clear from Gilles on the French translation.
3. Get Kdenlive/Piave 0.2.3 released.

--- Release 0.3 ---
4. Merge piave 0_3 back to head.
5. Fix any issues with the VEML that come out of this.
6. Get Kdenlive working with .AVI files (should work already, but there may be
issues that need fixing).
7. Test & release

--- Release 0.4 ---
8. Add video capture OR get the effect framework in place OR get separate
video/sound working.

Some comments:

I think that we should get round to a 0.3 release soon; a lot of new stuff has
been added since the initial 0.2 release, and with the addition of .avi
files, we will have (minimally) reached where we hoped to be... or would you
prefer to wait until mpeg is supported?

I think that now a lot of the underlying framework is in place, we need to
start picking one thing at a time and getting it working. At the moment, we
have a partial effect framework, a partial multiple-format support framework,
a partial implementation of separation of video/sound... you get what I mean
:-)

I think that the one that will give the most benefit straight away is separate
video/sound, followed by effects. However, I think that video capture will
probably take less effort and be quicker to implement than effects.

So how about this order?

1. Separate video and sound
2. Video capture.
3. Effects.