[Kdenlive-devel] compiling on debian ...

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Aug 5 09:34:20 UTC 2003

Hi Markus,

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 11:18 am, Markus Huelsbusch wrote:
> piave had the following glitches when compiling on debian testing:
> - to use the assert(..) macros in streammgr.cc & pencode.cc you have to
> include   <assert.h> on debian (using gcc 3.3.1)

fixed.

> - you need the debian package libsdl-image1.2-dev but the configure script
> is not complaining when missing (error when linking)

will be fixed.

> Testing piave 0.2.2 & kdenlive 0.2 on Suse 8.0 worked somehow, but gave mo
> only black pictures for the preview although exporting works (I think the X
> server has no YUV overlay support, is this necessary to view anything ?)

No, in principle piave should fall back to RGB overlay or no overlay at all.
So if you try "pplay -V xv <file>" you get a black screen too? I concider it a
bug if piave doesn't detect missing overlay correctly, however, you can also
force piave to use RGB. Unofrtunately, I think, kdenlive doesn't support this
right now. You can test if it works in principle with "pplay -V rgb"
If any of the option (-V xv or -V rgb) produced invalid output, could you
please send me the verbose output (-v) (in private if it is too lengthy).

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/