[Kdenlive-devel] compiling on debian ...

Jason Wood jwood at climax.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 10:00:29 UTC 2003

Hmmm, is there a debian package that includes the KDE development admin
directory? Since kdenlive uses this to generate the config files, if one
exists replace the admin directory with it and see if that helps. You will
need to do :

make -f admin/Makefile.common
./configure (... any necessary options ...)
make

once you replace it, let me know if it works.

> Testing piave 0.2.2 & kdenlive 0.2 on Suse 8.0 worked
> somehow, but gave me only black pictures for the preview
> although exporting works (I think the X server has no YUV
> overlay support, is this necessary to view anything ?)

I have a feeling that kdenlive 0.2 is slightly incompatable with
piave 0.2.2 - try kdenlive 0.2.0 with piave 0.2.0, or try kdenlive CVS with
piave 0.2.2 or piave cvs - it's quite stable at the moment and is
much better :-)

Cheers,
Jason