[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive CVS compil problems with MDK 9.1

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 09:35:53 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 9:51 am, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's in the tiltle. I have updated my system from MDK 9.0 to MDK 9.1. Now I
> used this :
>
> [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$ autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
>
> [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$ automake --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2

Yes, the big autoconf problem again :-(

To put it simply, the problem lies with the admin directory.

The admin directory for KDE 3.0 does not work with the latest versions of
autocont.

The admin directory for KDE 3.1 does not work with the older versions of
autoconf. Also, it does not work if you only have KDE 3.0 installed.

So, to remain compatable with KDE 3.0, we need to use the old admin directory.

There are two solutions to this problem - firstly, we could say that we
require KDE 3.1 and move to the latest admin directory. The trouble with this
is that only the very latest distros have KDE 3.1, and a lot of people are
still using Mandrake 9.0 or equivalent (including me on my laptop).

The other solution is to delete the kdenlive admin directory from your
personal copy and replace it with an up to date admin directory (which you
can get out of kde cvs, and I think kapptemplate has one). This is more
hassle, as you have to make sure you don't commit it to cvs.

If anyone can think of a better work-around for this problem, then please let
me know!

Cheers,
Jason

--