[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive CVS compil problems with MDK 9.1

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 2 10:54:12 UTC 2003

Do the KDE core guys know about that? Probably yes, what is their suggestion?
This looks like it schould be fixable with a little shell magic in the admin
directory. (I understand that this is a general KDE problem, right?)

Cheers, Rolf

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 11:35, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 9:51 am, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's in the tiltle. I have updated my system from MDK 9.0 to MDK 9.1. Now
> > I used this :
> >
> > [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$ autoconf --version
> > autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
> >
> > [gilles at pc-caulier kdenlive]$ automake --version
> > automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2
>
> Yes, the big autoconf problem again :-(
>
> To put it simply, the problem lies with the admin directory.
>
> The admin directory for KDE 3.0 does not work with the latest versions of
> autocont.
>
> The admin directory for KDE 3.1 does not work with the older versions of
> autoconf. Also, it does not work if you only have KDE 3.0 installed.
>
> So, to remain compatable with KDE 3.0, we need to use the old admin
> directory.
>
> There are two solutions to this problem - firstly, we could say that we
> require KDE 3.1 and move to the latest admin directory. The trouble with
> this is that only the very latest distros have KDE 3.1, and a lot of people
> are still using Mandrake 9.0 or equivalent (including me on my laptop).
>
> The other solution is to delete the kdenlive admin directory from your
> personal copy and replace it with an up to date admin directory (which you
> can get out of kde cvs, and I think kapptemplate has one). This is more
> hassle, as you have to make sure you don't commit it to cvs.
>
> If anyone can think of a better work-around for this problem, then please
> let me know!
>
> Cheers,
> Jason

- --
Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/