[Kdenlive-devel] Missing VEML command - getFileProperties

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 28 19:24:27 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 04:30 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking around for the most important VEML command (from Kdenlive's
> perspective) that needs to be implemented next, and realised that we have
> not defined it :-)
>
> <getFileProperties filename="test.dv"/>
>
> <reply command="getFileProperties" status="ok" name="test.dv"
> duration="14.2"> <!-- At a later date, more detailed information about the
> file can be added here, such as container, video codec, audio codec, etc.
> -->
> </reply>
>
> The renderer should return status="error" if it is unable to get any
> information about the file.
>
> What do you think?

Done -> CVS ;-)

Well, piave will abort is wrongfilename and on avery other error, I'll fix
this step by step. Til now it didn't make sense not to abort. Also it will
not close the files, and err.. all kinds of other bugs .. ;-)   , but it wil
reply te length  (hopfully ;-).

I didn't test it though. If you need features in kdenlive, just implement the
commands and tell me how to trigger it.  I'll checkout new kdenlive CVS and
code and test the response. If I really don't agree with a command, I can
still complain afterwards.

I also added more detailed installation instructions:
 INSTALL

Is this really to complicated for alpha/beta testing?
Do I need to put libxml++ in piave CVS?
Reinhard, does this recipe work for you?

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/