[Kdenlive-devel] Missing VEML command - getFileProperties

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 15:30:11 UTC 2002

Hi,

I was looking around for the most important VEML command (from Kdenlive's
perspective) that needs to be implemented next, and realised that we have not
defined it :-)

<getFileProperties filename="test.dv"/>

<reply command="getFileProperties" status="ok" name="test.dv" duration="14.2">
	<!-- At a later date, more detailed information about the file can be added
here, such as container, video codec, audio codec, etc. -->
</reply>

The renderer should return status="error" if it is unable to get any
information about the file.

What do you think?

This is the most important command from Kdenlive's point of view, since
without it I cannot generate a scenelist and guarantee that is contains valid
lengths.

Cheers,
Jason

--