[Kdenlive-devel] problem compiling piave

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Nov 28 12:26:31 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 November 2002 12:21 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> I think I -- in the character as your first tester ;-))) -- should try to
> avoid such 'non-standard-user-actions' and act like a linux newbie, if
> possible (btw - I'm NOT a linux expert! ;-)

I totally agree. I must be possible to install the stuff very easily. I
consider this to be very important, because I don't think you should be a
linux expert to use a video expert. Actually I think you schouldn't need to
know anything about the details of the build process.

It's not that easy to cope with the many dependencies of piave
( libxml2 / libxml++ / libdv / gdb-pixbuf / SDL / soon: freetype2/ffmpeg )
especiealy in this stage of alpha development. I am aware of the problem and
it will be taken care of. Maybe I should make patchlevel releases whenever
the configuration/installation is in a consistent/easy to use state?

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/