[Kdenlive-devel] problem compiling piave

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 14:19:29 UTC 2002

On Thursday 28 Nov 2002 12:26 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> It's not that easy to cope with the many dependencies of piave
> ( libxml2 / libxml++ / libdv / gdb-pixbuf / SDL / soon: freetype2/ffmpeg )
> especiealy in this stage of alpha development. I am aware of the problem
> and it will be taken care of. Maybe I should make patchlevel releases
> whenever the configuration/installation is in a consistent/easy to use
> state?

What do you mean by patch level releases? I assumed that this was something
that we do once we have reach our first release and are working ahead for out
superb second release, but don't want to leave our users with buggy software
in the meantime. I don't understand why we would patch an alpha version of
software :-)

On the compilation issues, I don't have much experience with dealing with
them, but most dependencies are easy to deal with because it is just a case
of installing the correct development packages.

libxml++ is a different case, since there does not appear to be an RPM package
to install. Perhaps it should be included in Piave CVS until it (libxml++)
get's it's own libxml++-devel package?

Cheers,
Jason

--