[Kdenlive-devel] Uploaded specification V0.05

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 20 13:51:59 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 November 2002 02:25 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 Nov 2002 10:27 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > Ok, as a first step we can keep it very simple, but we will _at_least_
> > need define in and out points for the 'inputs'
> >
> >   <input file="test.avi" start=3.345345 length=234.55643>
>
> Ok, that was just me being a bit sloppy with the definition. We should
> probably add "play speed" to the input at some point as well, but that can
> wait.

I would concider playspeed a property of a slo-mo or fast-mo effect, no?

> > Later it will be necessary to pass some more coordinates to position the
> > inputs wrt. to each other and the effects. I think that's what I meant.
> > We can maybe skip that for now.
>
> For positioning an input, I assumed that there would be a seperate
> "translation, rotation and scaling" effect that would handle this.

Yes, what I mean was just time offsets. where does the effect start how long
is it. the length/start offte tree node is not the same as the start/length
of the effect. in piave I seperate The treeNode from the effect (in code you
hae to do it anyway). We don't necessarily have to do that in XML but we have
to define the in/out times of clips effects somehow.

Probably we still think very different on how the complete storyboard is
devided into scenes/trees. I guess we need to get a little more explicte.
Can we maybe take soryboard_2 from the piave example (main.cc) as an example?
In createStoryBoard_2() you can find a harcoded example of a reasonable simple
storyboard. It just has three video inputs, and a few still picture inputs,
and performes some effects. I will provide the XML for this example as soon
as I have libxml++ working again (early next week maybe) This XML I'll show
is definitely _not_ what we want to use, it's ugly and much too complicated,
but it shoes what problems we'll have to deal with. As there is no concept of
"scene" in piave (now) the whole 'timeline' is a single scene, i.e. a single
tree. Anyway, the example is only 3seconds long, so I don't expect it to
become many seperate scenes.

Did you try to compile piave already? does it work for you? Would you try and
look at the code for createStoryBoard_2() and tell me how you would divide
this in 'scenes' (if at all) and how you want to define start/length of tree
nodes and of effets/inputs within treenodes? Please ask if you have questions
concerning the code, any kind of remark is wellcome.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/