[Kdenlive-devel] Uploaded specification V0.05

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 13:25:11 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 20 Nov 2002 10:27 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Ok, as a first step we can keep it very simple, but we will _at_least_ need
> define in and out points for the 'inputs'
>
>   <input file="test.avi" start=3.345345 length=234.55643>

Ok, that was just me being a bit sloppy with the definition. We should
probably add "play speed" to the input at some point as well, but that can
wait.

> Later it will be necessary to pass some more coordinates to position the
> inputs wrt. to each other and the effects. I think that's what I meant. We
> can maybe skip that for now.

For positioning an input, I assumed that there would be a seperate
"translation, rotation and scaling" effect that would handle this.

e,g,

<translate>
	<inputs>
		<input file="test.avi" start="0.0" length="60.0"/>
	</inputs>
	<position>
		<keyframe time="0.0" type="step">
			<coordinate x="768" y="0"/>
		</keyframe>
		<keyframe time="3.0" type="linear">
			<coordinate x="0" y="0"/>
		</keyframe>
	</translation>
</translate>

Effects are not defined in the scene structure in any great depth, because the
parameters and the number of inputs will vary between different effects. This
is why I suggested that we need the effect part of the cutter capabilities
for when we implement effects in the storyboard description, as this makes
the effect descriptions generic, rather than hard-coded.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood