[Kdenlive-devel] Uploaded specification V0.05

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 19:54:23 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 7:11 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> This is great. I think we'll not able to implement all of this
> functionality at once. We should agree on some small steps. I am not sure
> now on how tose steps could look like..

A agree, we should implement the basics first and build upon that.

> let's devide in high priority, medium and low.
> This is what I think (not sure though, what's everyone else's opinion?)
>
> low        - output/file format. we cannot handle them anyway.
> low        - Communicate Capabilities  (let's just assume something)
> medium     - effets and keyrames

I think the Communicate Capabilities will neevd to be broken up into two
parts:

Medium	- Communicate Effect Capabilities.
Low		- Communicate Other Capabilities

The reasoning for this is that I want to build a generic interface for
handling effects into Kdenlive, which is what I will have to do anyway to be
able to handle any effects that are available, and for that the renderer will
need to be able to pass the effects it is capable of to the GUI.

> medium     - fonts, just pretend they don't exist for the moment.
> high       - basic commands (creatXWin, play, stop, seek, etc.)
> high       - communicate storyboard/scenes
>
> > Let me know if anything is missing.
>
> I think the last point inmy list is also missing from the spec. how will
> the storyboard be defined. I'll make a suggestion as soon as piave can save
> to XML again. Well, it's definitely not what we should use, but it will
> help to see in which direction we might want to go. What do you guys think?

What do you mean by storyboard here? The scenes and effect tree contained
within are defined on page 11 onwards, or are you talking about something
else?

Cheers,
Jason

--