[Kdenlive-devel] Uploaded specification V0.05

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Nov 19 19:11:34 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 07:43 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have uploaded the new version of the cutting list specification, as we
> discussed. I think that I have included everything except for the File
> Format specification, which I am still a little unsure as to what
> information we need. for the moment - I have placed the File Format outline
> that Rolf provided, but have not fleshed out the wording, or tried to
> document the necessary options.

This is great. I think we'll not able to implement all of this functionality
at once. We should agree on some small steps. I am not sure now on how tose
steps could look like..

let's devide in high priority, medium and low.
This is what I think (not sure though, what's everyone else's opinion?)

low        - output/file format. we cannot handle them anyway.
low        - Communicate Capabilities  (let's just assume something)
medium     - effets and keyrames
medium     - fonts, just pretend they don't exist for the moment.
high       - basic commands (creatXWin, play, stop, seek, etc.)
high       - communicate storyboard/scenes

> Let me know if anything is missing.

I think the last point inmy list is also missing from the spec. how will the
storyboard be defined. I'll make a suggestion as soon as piave can save to
XML again. Well, it's definitely not what we should use, but it will help to
see in which direction we might want to go. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/