[Kdenlive-devel] last CVS

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Nov 19 18:36:32 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 05:08 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 9:36 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Yes, all I I would be doing is adding a konq view directly into Kdenlive,
> splitting the project list in half so that you can see the file view and
> the project view at the same time.

Sounds good!

> I have been thinking along the same lines with having tabs on the project
> file list. I was thinking of having a "transitions and Effects" tag, for
> instance, which would allow you to setup and drag'n'drop effects onto clips
> on the timeline.

Perfect!

> I'm not sure if there is any advantage to having a seperate "trim clip"
> dialog, but I was going to follow how Premier does things here - if you
> drag a clip directly to the timeline, you get the whole clip but can trim
> it there by resizing it. If you drag a clip from the file view to the
> monitor, (this functionality hasn't been added yet), then you can set in
> and out points on the monitor, and drag the cut-down clip to the timeline.

MovieDVPerfect has a multi purpose space in the GUI, where (depending on the
item which is selected in the timeline) different dialogs show up. If you
select a movie chunk the dialog will show icons for effects and also a
preview and a ruler with in and out markers. if you resize the clip in the
timeline the in/out-rulers next to the preview window will move. if you move
the rulers, the clip in the timline will resize.

> I think that other people are already working on adding movie thumbnail
> support to konqueror, it might be worth asking on the kde-devel to find out
> though.

Ok. Very good.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/