[Kdenlive-devel] last CVS

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 01:10:29 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 Nov 2002 12:18 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hey!
>
> the timeline works great! I committed some missing header file for legacy
> compilers ;-) and a bootstrap scrip for non-kdevelop users.

Cheers :-)

> I noticed, that 'Open' in the file dialog does nothing. you have to
> rightclick on the file list to add a track.

Ah, This looks like an issue that is going to be open for debate.

At the moment, the reason 'Open' doesn't work is because I haven't written the
code to make it work :-) But I have assumed that 'Open' would open a new
project, rather than being a command to add a new clip.

So what is the preferred way of adding new clips to the project view? The
options I see are :

1. We make the open command either open a new project or add clip depending on
which file you are trying to open. There are a number of problems with this :
first, it is mixing two completely different tasks together under a single
operation, and secondly, it should be possible as Kdenlive matures to add a
project to the timeline and treat it as if it was a single clip.

2. have a seperate option, such as "Import Clip", or "Add Clip", or something
similar that performs the add operation.

I think 2 sounds better :-) But are their any other suggestions? Should
"Import Clip" be in the File menu, or in a Project menu?

> When moving the chunks in high resolution (5 or 10 frames) it seems that
> they snap to frame bounds, right? If this ferature is on, can we see the
> divs in the ruler? Right now, the smallest div is a second I believe.

This sounds like two bugs in one... First, there is currently no "Snap to
frame" implemented, so if it appears to be snapping, there is something
wrong. Second is the bug you mention that I know of but had forgotten about
(cheers) that the ruler has problems with single frames for reasons I have
not yet explored. I'll get onto it after I have finished writing up the
latest spec of the Storyboard/Communication Spec.

The wishlist item to make things snap to frames should be trivial to
implement, BTW :-)

> And then, how about a maker/cursor? Just a vertical line or so. when
> zooming with slider or the item list, the tracks tend to disapear. the
> marker should then stay where it is on the screen when zooming.

A noted point, I'll try and fix it.

Cheers,
Jason

--