[Kdenlive-devel] last CVS

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 16:08:47 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 Nov 2002 9:36 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2002 02:21 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Adding a file browser is something that I have been contemplating. What
> > do people think? Would it be easier to have a sperate file browser which
> > can be used to drag files onto the project list with than to use the "add
> > clip" option (which would still be available) ? (It should be very little
> > code to implement).
>
> Can't you Drag'n'Drop clips from Konq already? It works perfect for me. I
> also like the extra file list.

Yes, all I I would be doing is adding a konq view directly into Kdenlive,
splitting the project list in half so that you can see the file view and the
project view at the same time.

 I could imagine the room which is now taken
> by the file list become a multi purpose room, maybe tabbed. Every file
> which is part of your project has a single entry inthe filelist. Every time
> you d'n'd a file from the filelist to the timeline, you could be offered a
> 'trim clip' dialog, where you can set in and out points. This way you can
> easily add different sections at different points in the timeline.

I have been thinking along the same lines with having tabs on the project file
list. I was thinking of having a "transitions and Effects" tag, for instance,
which would allow you to setup and drag'n'drop effects onto clips on the
timeline.

I'm not sure if there is any advantage to having a seperate "trim clip"
dialog, but I was going to follow how Premier does things here - if you drag
a clip directly to the timeline, you get the whole clip but can trim it there
by resizing it. If you drag a clip from the file view to the monitor, (this
functionality hasn't been added yet), then you can set in and out points on
the monitor, and drag the cut-down clip to the timeline.

> Konqi doesn't show the first frame of the flic as a preview. Somehow I feel
> we should rather implement some preview in Koqi than doing our own, then
> again I have no idea about konqueror src. But I agree, that I would like to
> browse my 'clip databas' with easy preview functionality somehow. Either in
> Konq or in kdenlive. Would it be possible to ship a speciallized 'View
> Profile' for Konq with kdenlive? Where you have a tree on the left, a
> 'first frame preview' on the right and a 'video preview' window on the
> bottom somewhere? Well... not a high priority important right now ;-)

I think that other people are already working on adding movie thumbnail
support to konqueror, it might be worth asking on the kde-devel to find out
though.

> BTW. I found another bug. When I 'Quit' kdenlive, it doesn't quit. I mean,
> the window is closing, but the process doesn't terminate. I have to 'kill
> -15' it.

Hmmm, cheers I don't think I have ever tried quitting using the file menu
before :-)

--
Jason Wood