[Kdenlive-devel] last CVS

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Nov 19 09:36:30 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 02:21 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> Adding a file browser is something that I have been contemplating. What do
> people think? Would it be easier to have a sperate file browser which can
> be used to drag files onto the project list with than to use the "add clip"
> option (which would still be available) ? (It should be very little code to
> implement).

Can't you Drag'n'Drop clips from Konq already? It works perfect for me. I also
like the extra file list. I could imagine the room which is now taken by the
file list become a multi purpose room, maybe tabbed. Every file which is part
of your project has a single entry inthe filelist. Every time you d'n'd a
file from the filelist to the timeline, you could be offered a 'trim clip'
dialog, where you can set in and out points. This way you can easily add
different sections at different points in the timeline.

Konqi doesn't show the first frame of the flic as a preview. Somehow I feel we
should rather implement some preview in Koqi than doing our own, then again I
have no idea about konqueror src. But I agree, that I would like to browse my
'clip databas' with easy preview functionality somehow. Either in Konq or in
kdenlive. Would it be possible to ship a speciallized 'View Profile' for Konq
with kdenlive? Where you have a tree on the left, a 'first frame preview' on
the right and a 'video preview' window on the bottom somewhere? Well... not a
high priority important right now ;-)

BTW. I found another bug. When I 'Quit' kdenlive, it doesn't quit. I mean, the
window is closing, but the process doesn't terminate. I have to 'kill -15'
it.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/