Todo list for First Release (Re: [Kdenlive-devel] Cutting List Specification Version 0.04)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 20:42:01 UTC 2002

On Saturday 16 Nov 2002 8:14 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> I am also working on implementing simple titeling with FreeType. For fancy

nice :-) That reminds me, If I haven't already, I should define font as a
parameter type.

> stuff one has to use gimp. And I also (half) implemented a simple way to
> use the output of povray (i.e. a bunch of single image files). That's

Heh, I misread this post the first time - I thought that you were calling
povray from piave to render frame by frame :-)

> great, you can render a high quality rotating 3D text (whatever) with POV
> on a single color background and theb use chromakeying filter to place it
> on top of your video. It's actually a pretty simple but cool feature I
> think.

Being able to specify a sequence of pictures as a movie is a _very_ nice
feature, one that I have used myself in other apps for reasons similar to the
one that you mentioned. Even if you are not chroma-keying the image, it is
normally one of the easiest ways to get a computer generated animation into
the editing suite.

--
Jason Wood