Todo list for First Release (Re: [Kdenlive-devel] Cutting List Specification Version 0.04)

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sat Nov 16 20:14:34 UTC 2002

On Saturday 16 November 2002 09:07 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> As far as getting a simple application working, Here are the steps that I
> think we still have to achieve to do that :
>
> 1. Finalise the Cutting list spec. That's what I am going to do next -
> essentially write up the results to the discussions that we have had.
>
> 2. Rewrite BaseCutter so that it handles the spec.
>
> 3. Write the client side of the spec. within Kdenlive.
>
> 4. Merge or reimplement the interface from BaseCutter into Piave
>
> 5. Add the necessary missing render button/dialog to kdenlive and a few
> other bits and pieces (generation of cutting list, etc. Oh, and loading and
> saving of projects, which I haven't got round to yet, but that will be
> straight forward.)
>
> For the first version, I think we can put aside effects, the Cutter
> Capabilities (which is very much needed for effects),  and concentrate on
> the basics of the spec : scenes with a single input file only, etc.

great. ;-) Point 4. is for me I guess.

I am also working on implementing simple titeling with FreeType. For fancy
stuff one has to use gimp. And I also (half) implemented a simple way to use
the output of povray (i.e. a bunch of single image files). That's great, you
can render a high quality rotating 3D text (whatever) with POV on a single
color background and theb use chromakeying filter to place it on top of your
video. It's actually a pretty simple but cool feature I think.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/