Todo list for First Release (Re: [Kdenlive-devel] Cutting List Specification Version 0.04)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Nov 16 20:07:39 UTC 2002

On Saturday 16 Nov 2002 7:25 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Let's try and get a nice simple application working, then extend it. That
> way we'll get some publicity and attract other programmers. I just would
> not wast too much time thinking about ultra advanced features too soon or
> we'll loose focus.

Believe it or not, I do agree, but I do like to have a good solid foundation
to work on :-)

>From my point of view, I think we have that now - there are no ultra advanced
features that I think we will have problems with implementing later if we go
with the design we have... Not to say their aren't any, but there is no point
worrying about them until we know what they are ;-)

As far as getting a simple application working, Here are the steps that I
think we still have to achieve to do that :

1. Finalise the Cutting list spec. That's what I am going to do next -
essentially write up the results to the discussions that we have had.

2. Rewrite BaseCutter so that it handles the spec.

3. Write the client side of the spec. within Kdenlive.

4. Merge or reimplement the interface from BaseCutter into Piave

5. Add the necessary missing render button/dialog to kdenlive and a few other
bits and pieces (generation of cutting list, etc. Oh, and loading and saving
of projects, which I haven't got round to yet, but that will be straight
forward.)

For the first version, I think we can put aside effects, the Cutter
Capabilities (which is very much needed for effects),  and concentrate on the
basics of the spec : scenes with a single input file only, etc.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood