[Kdenlive-devel] GUI <-> render engine

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 10 00:20:02 UTC 2002

On Saturday 09 Nov 2002 4:34 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> I tried to get some more insight into CORBA as implemented with ORBit and
> ORBit2. ORBit and it's C++ wrapper are more or less unsupported. All
> developpers focus on ORBit2. The C++ wrappers seem to be unfinished right
> now. Even if they were, I tend to agree wit Mark. He knows a lot about
> CORBA and his comment "bloatware designed by commitee" seems to be leading
> to the right direction.

Ok, I'll take his word for it; I was inclined to think that it was probably
overkill for what we need.

> I looked at the specifications in you "Cutting List Specification.sxw" and
> this is an example of how the communication could look like in reality.
> It's of course far from complete, I didn't spend too much time to think
> about it, but I guess you get the idea.

Ah, I understand what you mean now when you mean use XML for the communication
now. This looks like a pretty good idea.

I am writing up a new version of the cutting list specification. I was
reworking the cutting list and the cutter capabilities sections so as to use
XML, but I'll add a section on the communication based on XML as well. I'll
work to finish that off in the next couple of days and then upload it for
discussion.

Cheers,
Jason

--