[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive Update

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 14:44:00 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have spent the last couple of days putting the last touches together on the
timeline widget. There are a few outstanding bugs that need to be fixed, but
hopefully I'll get those out of the way today. I've committed the current
version to CVS for peoples opinion.

At the moment, adding files to the project view does not require any specific
file format - it just "pretends" that the added files are 1 minute long for
the sake of testing.

The timeline can :

* Add clips from the project list,
* Add clips from any source that can provide it with a filename (konqueror,
for example)
* Move clips around, either seperately or in groups (use shift or ctrl to
select multiple clips - shift adds new clips to the selection, ctrl toggles
clips)
* Drag clips from one instance of kdenlive to another - not sure if this is
useful, but it proves that the drag'n'drop functionality is feature complete.
* Resize clips

Known bugs :

* The scrollbar that ties in with the ruler does not resize to scale with the
project/scale rate. This needs to change.
* If you resize a clip so that it is up against another clip, the clip
vanishes from the timeline. (I know the cause of this).

So have a play, let me know your thoughts on how the timeline works at the
moment (I have my own list, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks!)

I'll write up the first-draft XML comunication spec now.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood