[Kdenlive-devel] Status of the User Interace.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat May 4 14:57:03 UTC 2002

On Saturday 04 May 2002 3:29 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> > Drag and drop is going to be one of the main ways for editing (at least
> > to begin with). If you want to preview a clip, you can drag it to the
> > monitor, if you want to put a clip on the timeline, you drag it to the
> > timeline. If you want move a clip around on the timeline, you'll drag it
> > around. If you want to preview a clip in an external movie viewer, you
> > drag the clip to that viewer.
>
> Well I'd put a drop "button" in the preview window, with which you can
> append the current selection in the previewer at the current position.
> For effitcient usage we have to have the basic functionality accessible
> over single-key commands. People from the editing world aren't used to
> drag and drop. However dragging and dropping might be good for many
> other users. However I don't think people will drag video files into the
> previewer.

Agreed. The basic point is to make sure that every intuitive action that might
do something is covered, and I'm starting with drag 'n' drop.

I recall that there was another video editor (but I can't remember it's name)
that boasted that you could edit everything vi-style without using the mouse.
That might be interesting for power users :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood
I knew I needed a break when I typed <Esc>:q! to close konqueror