[Kdenlive-devel] Survey among filmmakers

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Wed Jun 5 12:05:44 UTC 2002

Jason Wood schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I've finished exams now (woohoo!) and I've slowed down on the celebrating,
> which is the main reason I haven't got back to you recently <looks guilty>
>
> :-)

Don't worry, my final exams will be next week, but after that I'll have
to do a bit of other work, but I'm rather sure I'll have some time I
hope.

> > I've done a little survey among filmmakers (actually just one) on what
> > effects they'd like to see:
> <snip>
>
> So, a scrolling title effect, basically. Fading titles will be handled using
> the standard "fade" effect, so I don't think this will be too much hassle.

Well probably your users interface should automatically generate titles
and scroll them.

> > Ohh and he also wanted it to be able to read MPEG, but I explained him
> > this is still a bit down the road.
>
> hell, video editing is still a bit down the road with the amount of free time
> I've had recently :->

True

> > I've done a draft on out internal video-format (also audio, seperate
> > files):
>
> Looks ok, I am still trying to concentrate on the user interface, so I'll
> leave these details in your capable hands...

Thanks, but a lot of what I've specified is relevant to you. Like the
audio channel layout, or all the comments beeing in ISO 10646 (32 bit
UNICODE)

> I think you have cvs access to the kdenlive stuff, so feel free to create a
> seperate module for the cutter/codecs when you are ready to start coding.

Thanks, I'm not really experienced with cvs, but when the time comes
I'll proably learn.

> Cheers,
> Jason

Servus