[Kdenlive-devel] Survey among filmmakers

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 4 20:45:08 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've finished exams now (woohoo!) and I've slowed down on the celebrating,
which is the main reason I haven't got back to you recently <looks guilty>

:-)

> I've done a little survey among filmmakers (actually just one) on what
> effects they'd like to see:
<snip>

So, a scrolling title effect, basically. Fading titles will be handled using
the standard "fade" effect, so I don't think this will be too much hassle.

> Ohh and he also wanted it to be able to read MPEG, but I explained him
> this is still a bit down the road.

hell, video editing is still a bit down the road with the amount of free time
I've had recently :->

> I've done a draft on out internal video-format (also audio, seperate
> files):

Looks ok, I am still trying to concentrate on the user interface, so I'll
leave these details in your capable hands...

I think you have cvs access to the kdenlive stuff, so feel free to create a
seperate module for the cutter/codecs when you are ready to start coding.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood