[Kdenlive-devel] update

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Dec 22 10:45:16 UTC 2002

On Saturday 21 December 2002 12:37 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Friday 20 Dec 2002 8:02 pm, booker wrote:
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1 (20021021)) (library
> > qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
> > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> > [booker at linux kdenlive]$
> >

> > So I would suggest to revert to the old admin dir, if possible, to avoid
> > such problems during installation.
> > Because I think most distributions still using qt 3.0.x ... tell me if
> > I'm wrong!
>
> Good point.

Yes, I would also like to see this working with my brand new RH8.0, which only
features 3.0.5.

... compiling ... oh.. ah.. everything builds/runs even on RH7.2,
... great. ;-)

done:
 write raw DV:    finished
 write mpeg1:     experimental (optional at ./configure --with-ffmpeg)
                  I need help with ffmpeg to support all kinds of
                  format. This is _not_ "if one works, all work".
 sound:           OSS, anybody knows how to use aRts?

todo:
 play:            will play video as fast as possible
                    -> slow down when too fast
                    -> reduce quality when too slow
 commun:          update to lates VEML in last kdenlive version

Since I use YUV colorspace to display the video, all effects are basically
broken because they work in RGB space. (You can of cource force PIAVE to use
RGB space, but then wou'll have sluggish playback)

There are two options:
a) short term fix:   use RGB when effects are applied, use YUV otherwise
                     this needs a little work on the display and other details
b) long term fix:    reimplement all effects in YUV space
                     YUV images are smaller and thus will render effects
                     faster. This will take a lot of work, but is the way to
                     go. (Only text overlay will not gain much)

If kdenlive will feature effects soon, I would go for option a) then slowly
move to b).   If we won't get effects soon anyway, I would skip a) and start
directly with b).   Are there any opinions?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/