[Kdenlive-devel] status

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 19:19:22 UTC 2002

On Monday 16 Dec 2002 9:15 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just want to let you know what's going on. I have some problems merging
> the YUVOverlay and threaded-server branches. I am not sure why. Threading
> works nice and feels very responsive. YUVOverlay can play a DV input (with
> sound) with ~30fps on my box. Unfortunately I have problems getting both to
> work at the same time and I'm not sure why.

I wish you all the best in fixing it :-)

My only guess would be something to do with memory access between the threads,
but I'm not exactly an expert on threaded programming. What kind of problems
are you experiencing?

> For testing purposes I replaced
> the displaying with a short sleep and a cout<<, just to test the latency
> when moving the kden-slider, looks pretty good ;-)

Great :-)

I am working on adding "Open Project" support to Kdenlive right now. It won't
take long - you can alreayd save and most of the code is shared with
drag'n'drop.

I think it would be a good idea to make a sourcecode release once the Piave
problems have been sorted out.  There's a slow but steady stream of traffic
through the Kdenlive website, I think it's time we show off what we've got a
little more and see if we can attract developers to our cause :-)

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason

--