[Kdenlive-devel] update

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Dec 13 13:48:21 UTC 2002

On Friday 13 December 2002 01:36 pm, Jason Wood wrote:

> I should warn you that I accidentally committed a new admin directory as
> well - the one used by KDE 3.1. I was going to ask if it was ok with people
> before committing it, because it requires autoconf 2.54. But now that it's
> in CVS, if anyone has any problems because they can't install autoconf 2.54
> for whatever reason, tell me and I'll revert it in CVS for now...

I already noticed ;-)

src/kdenlive> make -f admin/Makefile.common
*** YOU'RE USING AUTOCONF 2.13. We suggest updating.
*** autoconf 2.5x works best for now, we will drop
*** support for autoconf 2.13 soon.
*** Creating acinclude.m4
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `admin/libtool.m4.in', needed by
`acinclude.m4'.  Stop.
make: *** [cvs] Error 2

src/kdenlive> ./boostrap
aclocal: configure.in: 54: macro `AM_KDE_WITH_NLS' not found in library
configure.in: 5591: required file `admin/ltmain.sh' not found

I know that autotools realy realy suck lately. Very buggy and _awfully_ slow.
Quite a number of projects (mplayer, ffmpeg, ... ) aren't using them anymore
But is there a strong reason for requiring the new version? If it's possible
and not too much work, it would be great if older versions would work too.

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/