[Kdenlive-devel] Timeline Tools

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 20:23:33 UTC 2002

Hi,

Whilst I am working on all things GUI (undo, fixing the Menus and sorting out
the toolbars), I am trying to decide which tools I should implement on the
timeline.

Implementation wise, adding a new tool is not a problem, so the question is
which operations should have their own tools, and which should be combined
with modifier keys (shift, ctrl, etc).

So far, I have the following three tools in mind :

Move/Resize tool
=============
Standard took, the one that is currently implemented. Allows you to drag clips
around one at a time or in groups, and

Razor tool
========

Allows you to  cut a clip into two pieces. Use multiple times makes it easy to
remove part of a clip.
	-	perhaps a modifier key (ctrl?) let's you cut all clips that are at that
particular location of the timeline?

Right Drag tool
===========
(needs a better name). Allows you to move all of the clips in the project that
are to the right of the mouse - useful for creating space part-way through a
project without worrying about messing up the order of the files later on.

Another function that I want to add is the ability to move the crop Start
location of a clip (the start and end position on the track remain the same,
but you move the inpoint and outpoint of the clip, but I'm not sure where
that should go.

Is this a good plan so far? What other tools would you like to see?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood