D17126: Privacy Options for Notifications Forwarded to Desktop

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 25 18:29:48 GMT 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D17126#365959 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17126#365959>, @sredman wrote:

  > I haven't completely figured out the problem yet, but one thing I have noticed is that the enable/disable checkbox for an app is no longer saved. This suggests to me that something about the way the database is set up is causing it to either not be read-able or not be write-able. You could check the return value from ourDatabase.insert. If it is -1, it means there was an error.

  This was the problem. If you like having everything in one table better, then feel free to keep working in this direction. Otherwise, I think multiple tables is the way to go.

  Also, once that is working, a change I would suggest is to block the reply-able button on a content-private notification, since it doesn't really make sense to try to reply if there is nothing to reply to. Also, I think having the app name, instead of "New Notification" is a bit nicer.

  If you want to work on this yourself, go for it! Otherwise, I have uploaded the patch with my changes here: https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/diff/46219/ . Be sure you understand what is going on, since GCi is about teaching, not just me providing the answer :)
  (The complete diff is here: https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/diff/46218/)

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application