Android developer wants to contribute to this project.

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 23:37:13 UTC 2017

On Dienstag, 21. November 2017 00:18:32 CET Sorin Irimies wrote:
> Hi I am an Android Developer and I want to contribute to the KDE Connect
> app. Where should I start?
> Thx.

Nice to hear that! You obviously already found our mailing list. The repos are
https://cgit.kde.org/kdeconnect-kde.git (for the desktop part) and https://
cgit.kde.org/kdeconnect-android.git (for the android part). The readme files
contain a brief description of the architecture of KDE Connect. I assume you
are familiar with building the android part. If you have questions about
building the desktop part feel free to ask.

The place where the exciting things happen is phabricator.kde.org . If you
feel like you made a improvement to the app you upload your patch there. We
will give you feedback and advise for improvements. Almost no patch is perfect
on the first try, so don't get discouraged if we ask you to change something.
When the patch is finished someone will commit it for you to the main repo.

Do you have anything in mind what you want to do? If not you can look for
inspiration on the phabricator workboard (https://phabricator.kde.org/project/
view/159/) or on the bugtracker (https://bugs.kde.org/describecomponents.cgi?
product=kdeconnect).

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

Happy hacking

Nicolas