D4788: Fix loosing network packets when LanLink socket is reset.

Giedrius Stanevičius noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 14 19:28:41 UTC 2017

giedrius added a comment.

  Hmm, I didn't notice such a problem and thought it should be resolved by keep-alives. Doesn't keep-alive detect broken connections?

  I was thinking about keeping old connection for some time in case remaining packets would arrive, but this seemed unreliable: what timeout would be appropriate? What if network is very slow? There would probably would still be cases when packets would be lost, unless lingering connection would be kept for quite a long time.

  Considering alternatives, what if when broadcast message is received, an empty packet would be sent on current connection in order to test it? If connection is broken, sending should fail and socket should close. In such case a new connection could be reestablished

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application