D4788: Fix loosing network packets when LanLink socket is reset.

Albert Vaca Cintora noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 15 10:26:05 UTC 2017

albertvaka added a comment.

  The problem with keep alive is that it takes quite long to detect a broken connection... it is useful to detect a device is completely gone, but it takes a couple minutes to do so.

  The solution that you mention I think is the ideal one: pinging the devices ourselves to know if we can reach them. However this is a bigger task, so we never prioritized it. Also it is a bit tricky, as it needs to be backwards compatible with devices that don't implement this feature.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application