D6730: Determine which IP address to use for sshfs

Jean Vincent noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 21 16:54:54 UTC 2017

jeanv marked an inline comment as done.
jeanv added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6730#127238, @albertvaka wrote:

  > Looks good to me. I will merge this in as soon as I have a moment. Can you check my comment about IPv6? I think v6 should just work.

  Great, thanks :). Yep I answered.

  If this is accepted, then this revision <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6757> is no longer needed; I could update it to remove `getLocalIpAddress()` from the android side (if it is not going to be used). Is it OK?

INLINE COMMENTS

> albertvaka wrote in landevicelink.cpp:60
> I think we can remove the special case for IPv6, and it should just work? Hopefully :D

Just copying the address is what I had tried first, but it doesn't work, you have to construct a new `QHostAddress` with `toIPv4Address()` since Qt 5.6. Without that, `toString()` returns something like `::ffff:192.168.0.1` which sshfs doesn't like.
Here's what I found about this: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-53298

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect