Is there any blueprint or README that explains the protocol?

Pavel Borisov pzinin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:47:01 UTC 2015

On 04.01.2015 13:20, Albert Vaca wrote:
> Hi :D
>
> There is a README in the kdeconnect-kde package that explains
> "something". I'm afraid that if you need more details you will have to
> ask here (and maybe update the README with what you think is missing :).
>
> Also, I don't know if it's easy to run C++/Qt code in a Windows Phone,
> but I think it's worth it to give it a try because you could actually
> reuse a lot of the code from the KDE client instead of rewriting it.
>
> Albert
>
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 6:14 PM, Pavel Borisov <pzinin at gmail.com
> <mailto:pzinin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello, Albert and everyone there!
>
>     I am currently trying to begin Windows implementation of
>     KDEConnect protocol. I have an intention to make Windows Phone 8
>     version of the client as I have Nokia phone. It could be reused on
>     WinRT or Windows 8 though as they have almost the same API.
>     Currently I am tinkering with the debugger around android branch
>     but in order to start off the actual coding a bit faster I am
>     requesting sort of document on this.
>
>     P.S. thanks for all the awesomeness this stunning utility has
>     brought me lately :)
>
>     --
>     Best regards, Pavel Borisov
>     Jabber ID: pashazz at gentoo.ru <mailto:pashazz at gentoo.ru>

I know there might be a possibility to run Qt on WinPhone. But why don't
you use this approach (shared code) on all platforms?

I will try to code in kind of native (it would not be literally native
after all since this is .NET :D ) way just with intention of acquiring
some new skills. After all, it could be a good idea to make it GSoC
project if you wish. But I can't promise that I will come up with
something that _works_ in the meantime as I'm studying at university
(except summer of course =))

--
Best regards, Pavel Borisov
Jabber ID: pashazz at gentoo.ru