KDE Connect indicator for Unity and a few question

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:26:49 UTC 2014

Hi Viko,

Let me respond your questions inline:

1. When i try to request pair from desktop, android device doesn't offer
> anything to confirm or reject, instead it show a page to request pairing.
> Is this a bug or something? This is quiet show stopper as Ubuntu
> notification doesn't support notification action, so the only way to pair
> is from desktop to phone, but as for now it doesn't work.

It should work both ways, make sure there is nothing blocking the
connection (firewall?).

> 2. can i have a clear idea about differences between "reachable" and
> "visible" in kdeconnect.daemon

No diference. These terms should be unified.

> 3. in what circumstance deviceVisibilityChanged emitted? i cant seems to
> have false value from deviceVisibilityChanged.

In theory it changes for every visibility change, do you mena it is not
working?

> 4. Is kdeconnect package will be separated into daemon and plug-ins?
> especially the core and KDE specific part? I've seen you are working on QT5
> which you said will be more modular, so i hope the packaging will also be
> modular.

Yes, it's in the roadmap, but I don't know if the first Qt5 release will
already be split :(

I hope you manage to get kdeconnect working for you!

Cheers,
Albert