KDE Connect indicator for Unity and a few question

Viko Adi Rahmawan vikoadi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:20:20 UTC 2014

Hello KDE Connect developer,
Jealous with what KDE can do with KDE Connect i wrote my own
AppIndicator which should work for Ubuntu and in my preference
Elementary OS's Pantheon. Anybody interested can take a look at my code
here : https://github.com/vikoadi/indicator-kdeconnect.
While working on indicator i have a few question regarding KDE Connect
(I use kdeconnect 0.7.1-0ubuntu3 and the latest android client, so
sorry if what i ask here is already fixed in master):

1. When i try to request pair from desktop, android device doesn't
offer anything to confirm or reject, instead it show a page to request
pairing. Is this a bug or something? This is quiet show stopper as
Ubuntu notification doesn't support notification action, so the only
way to pair is from desktop to phone, but as for now it doesn't work.
2. can i have a clear idea about differences between "reachable" and
"visible" in kdeconnect.daemon
3. in what circumstance deviceVisibilityChanged emitted? i cant seems
to have false value from deviceVisibilityChanged.
4. Is kdeconnect package will be separated into daemon and plug-ins?
especially the core and KDE specific part? I've seen you are working on
QT5 which you said will be more modular, so i hope the packaging will
also be modular.

Thank you and keep on making it better, I'm looking forward for the
modular package,
Viko Adi Rahmawan