KDE-Connect and KDED

Yuri Samoilenko kinnalru at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 09:02:57 UTC 2014

I think kdeconnect must operate like any linux/UNIX service(/etc/init.d/*
as example). Exception is in that /etc/init.d/* is system services,
required root access to manage them, but kdeconnect is user service. The
option that users can do is:
1. start/stop service
2. autostart service when login

I look on KDED as on simple service manager with user interface fits
options above. Starting-on-deman is unnecessary(for kdeconnect) facility.

>> Also, kdeconnect should be smart enough to kill itself if there is
nothing to
Hmm, no. kdeconnect daemon must running all the time to plug current
device(desktop too) into kdeconnect-network. For example I need to share
info not only with my phone(with android) but with my notebook(with
kubuntu+kdeconnect aboard). So daemons must be running on desktop and
notebook all the time.

Sorry for possible misunderstanding of you mail.

Yours truly,

Samoilenko Yuri