Interested in contributing to KDEConnect

Ahmed Ibrahim Khalil ahmedibrahimkhali at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 12:45:21 UTC 2014

Hi Albert,

It is a good idea to use uinput, I've seen the API and I think it is pretty
easy to deal with.

But one problem I think we might face, is that the permission of the
"/dev/uinput" file, I've tried the libsuinput API and the file descriptor
return was always -1. Until I've changed the permission with chmod to
"+0666" it worked after that.

How are we going to solve that problem on the KDE users devices ? Of course
we won't tell them to execute that command on the /dev/uniput file, right ?

Cheers