Fwd: Testing Yuri's filebrowser plugin

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:56:17 UTC 2014

Forwarding to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Testing Yuri's filebrowser plugin
To: Albert Vaca <albertvaka at gmail.com>

I have spend a lot of time to test sftp browsing today... It is terrible :)

1. scp and sshfs(mounting filesystem using FUSE) working very well and
stable with org.apache.sshd:sshd-core:0.8.0
2. Latests sshd version is 0.9.0 not working at all(disconnects client
when creating file) - waiting for fixing...
3. Using sftp-kio failed to copy some files to device because of
libssh "Short sftp packet!" error. I don't know yet bug this or not
and where - in libssh or in apache-sshd. But in any case its related
to apache-ssh implementation because of sftp-kio work well with
generic openssh server. I will play with libssh, libssh2 and sftp-kio
this week.

About using SSL keys - I don't know how to share SSL key with
sftp-kio. May be if kdeconnect uses RSA key it can be converted to ssh
format and placed to ~/.ssh/ when paired - then sftp-kio can
automatically get it throught libssh generic auth procedure. May be we
can write own KIO-slave by mirroring sftp-kio but with own majong and
geishas.

About ipv6: as I found ipv6 must transparently handled by KUrl. How
Your phone gives ipv6 address but your desktop not able to connect to
this IP? Phone have a couple of adresses?

There is many blog post about hard work of KDE Frameworks 5 do you
know anything about future of KIO project? WIll it be a tier1 2 or 3?
As I thought KIO is great but using it only through KDE GUI tools like
Dolphin, Konqueror is ugly in comparing with gvfs
technology(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GVFS) wich can grant access
not only for special apps but for all including console utilities.