Testing Yuri's filebrowser plugin

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:57:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Yuri Samoilenko <kinnalru at gmail.com> wrote:
> About using SSL keys - I don't know how to share SSL key with
> sftp-kio. May be if kdeconnect uses RSA key it can be converted to ssh
> format and placed to ~/.ssh/ when paired - then sftp-kio can
> automatically get it throught libssh generic auth procedure. May be we
> can write own KIO-slave by mirroring sftp-kio but with own majong and
> geishas.

Yup, we would need our own KIO-slave to use our keys. Don't worry
about that at the moment (let's have something working first) but
maybe we do it in the long term. Having our own KIO would give some
other improvements: for example, we could show a nice URL with the
device name instead of the IP, or we could add some easy to use links
to the most common places (inside the device there could be "Camera
pictures", "Downloads" and "Browser all the files" subdirs, and this
would be useful for people that doesn't know that pictures are stored
in "DCIM" because it is not intuitive at all).

> About ipv6: as I found ipv6 must transparently handled by KUrl. How
> Your phone gives ipv6 address but your desktop not able to connect to
> this IP? Phone have a couple of adresses?

In my network, both the phone and computer get two IPs, a IPv4 and a
IPv6. It seems that KUrl doesn't manage IPv6 correctly, or maybe there
is another problem... I will look into that now.

> There is many blog post about hard work of KDE Frameworks 5 do you
> know anything about future of KIO project? WIll it be a tier1 2 or 3?
> As I thought KIO is great but using it only through KDE GUI tools like
> Dolphin, Konqueror is ugly in comparing with gvfs
> technology(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GVFS) wich can grant access
> not only for special apps but for all including console utilities.

KIO will be tier 3. And yes, the big problem with KIO is that only
works in KDE apps... there are some plans to fix it, but AFAIK nobody
is working on it. Actually I personally don't care if you prefer to
use another library to mount the remote filesystem...