Testing Yuri's filebrowser plugin

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 18:32:34 UTC 2014

Yesterday I was able to test the filebrowse git branch and I really believe
that this can become an awesomely powerful feature. Also, the idea of
re-using the SFTP KIO is very clever and now that I saw it working it seems
to me the best way to go. I made a visit to the Plasma sprint in Barcelona,
and the people I talked with also think the same way.

I want to comment the issues I found, to see if we can find a solution for
them.

First of all, I received an IPv6 from the phone, that looks like this:
fe80::bcf5:acff:fef4:d2d7%p2p0. For some reason I was not able to connect
to that IP, so I had to temporally fix it hardcoding my device IPv4. Also
note that the syntax to specify a port on IPv6 is different than usual, and
I think that KURL is not taking that into account (maybe we can patch it):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_address#Literal_IPv6_addresses_in_network_resource_identifiers

Then I was able to connect, so I assume that if I had IPv6 disabled it
would have worked out of the box, which is good for something still in
development. The second problem I found is that when transfering files
through the KIO I got them corrupted, but somehow it worked copying using
the sftp command and received everything correctly. Could this be a bug in
the SFTP KIO?

And that's all I got from my test, the only think left to say is good job
Yuri! Did you found those problems too, or are specific to my setup?

Cheers,
Albert